• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference Pages not displaying symbols

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built symbol references that go into a table in my body pages, but only one of my symbols does not show up in the table:

Table in the Body Pages:

In addition, when I create a new row to see if it will add the symbol, it creates a new row with the content from the previous row:

Any ACP out there know the issue?  I am novice to moderate-experienced user of Framemaker, so I'm learning.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I'm not entirely clear on the missing symbol and why it's not showing up, but the behavior when adding a row is normal.

When you add a table row, it assigns paragraph tags to the new cell(s). In this case, it's pulling the paragraph tags from the previous row. If you were to change the paragraph tags in that last row, and then create a new row, you'd see your new row containing those tags as specified. This is often very convenient, but in this case might be a touch offputting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely clear on the missing symbol and why it's not showing up, but the behavior when adding a row is normal.

When you add a table row, it assigns paragraph tags to the new cell(s). In this case, it's pulling the paragraph tags from the previous row. If you were to change the paragraph tags in that last row, and then create a new row, you'd see your new row containing those tags as specified. This is often very convenient, but in this case might be a touch offputting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Matt!  I'll do some investigating, read some tutorials on reference pages and see if I can find out why my reference symbol won't show up.  If you know of any other ACPs that may know the answer, let me know.  Thanks!

Update:  I just needed to add a paragraph tag to one of my table cells to add the symbol, the symbol is set in the catalog.  I think I overthink this stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines