• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

referenced .eps graphic in text inset – .pdf output shows .tif preview

Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I'll admit that thanks to internal issues I'm still stuck on FM 12 … but here's today's unexpected challenge: I have a file I use as a text inset, and in this file I reference an .eps graphic.

• if I save the text inset file as .pdf, I get a clean vector image
  • if I save the file that uses the text inset as .pdf, I just get the preview .tif

What's going on, and how do I solve it? Thanks in advance for getting the New Year off to a good start for me ;-}

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone,

Did this work with other files and text insets?

I guess your active printer is Adobe PDF.

How do you create the PDF?

In earlier FM versions Save As PDF had some issues.

Therefore please print to a PostScript file and then distill this to a PDF.

Does this work?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to tinkering with the workflow pathway, have you any option to convert that vector EPS to SVG? If the problem is specific to EPS, that might at least change the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried this in FM2019, and the vector EPS, in an anchored frame in file X.fm, remains vector when Flow A of file X.fm imported into file Y.fm, and then saved as Y.pdf.

The EPS in question does have the usual indexed color raster thumbnail/preview embedded, which I see in FM with either file open for edit. Which reminds me, I need to convert that to SVG for future use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines