• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reflecting condition status in ToC

Advisor ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisiting a relatively old manual that covers a basic product plus two variants. (vanilla plus chocolate and mocha, as the BookMaster manual would put it) …

Way back then, we decided to highlight the three classes with colours, a 'simple' matter of duplicating all the required styles. Now I've been looking at the document again, it seems it would have been more elegant to stick with a single set of styles and use conditions … but that approach, as far as I understand, wouldn't deliver the colours in the ToC.
Any ideas for a workaround? it's not something I have to deliver, but I'm curious.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yes. Conditions are not copied into the TOC. Of course you could write an ExtendScript script which could copy the conditions.

You could also have used a character format with only your colour and everything else set to as is.

However, if you would have used other character formats for this text, then you would have two character formats which might cause problems. And this would also not be copied into the TOC.

Otherwise I do not know of any better solution.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines