Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

registration marks don't show up on one page

New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to create a PDF with registration marks out of FrameMaker (FM 2019). Using the publish tool, I get a PDF with registration marks on all the pages except the back cover.

The back cover is no different than the other pages in my book in term of size and settings, so I don't understand what is going on.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Also, is there another way beside 'file - publish' to add registration marks to a PDF in FM 2019? I used to be able to use the print setup/PDF setup functions (in FM2010) but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have Acrobat installed? Then you can also print to a PostScript file (with Adobe PDF as printer). Then you can convert the PostScript file to a PDF.

When you want registration marks, then the page size of the PDF must be larger than the actual page size (File | Print Setup).

What's your page size? Can you experiment with other page sizes?

Did you create the registration marks only, when you publish the book file? Did you publish also the back file alone?

What's on the back page? Do you have a large graphics file which bleeds off the page and covers the registration marks?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I actually tried everything you mention before I posted my question yesterday; nothing worked.

I can't get any registration marks to appear on any page using print setup. I tried creating a ps file first but I didn't get any registration marks on any page.

I don't have any large graphic on the back page .

What's weird to me is that I don't run into any problem with other documents; it's just that one page in that one document. Since I use the same template for all of my documents, I don't understand why FM prints registration marks just fine on all my other documents - including the back page - except for that one.

Here is a screenshot of what I get. You can see the bottom of the penultimate page and the top of the back cover.

missing registration marks.JPG

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What's your actual page size (Format | Page Layout | Page Size)?

Which page size did you set in the print setup? This page size must be larger than the actual page size?

Then print to a PostScript file and convert it to a PDF with Distiller.

In Acrobat open the Organize Pages tool.

Click on More in the Organize Pages toolbar.

Select Set Page Boxes.

Then set the values for the CropBox to 0.

Then you will see the registration marks.

The settings in the Publish pod seem to work only when I use the FrameMaker PDF export and not the Distiller route.

However, with these settings I did not get any registration marks either.

If you got these to work, at least with some of your pages, can you post a screenshot of your Publish pod settings?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines