• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall of frame 7 fails

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finished a project using the owners Framemaker 11. Attempt to reinstall my version of Frame 7 fails. Stalls on first page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any messages? Got sufficient rights? Was it ever installed on this machine? What o/s are you trying to use it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was installed on this machine. Uninstalled to allow use of project’s version of Frame 11.

Windows 7.

No messages.

Page asking for language. Click “English” and “Framemaker 7.0”. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok – didn’t need to uninstall it; multiple versions of FM can run fine on same machine.

Are you logged in as an Admin user & running the installer as an Administrator? Have you given yourself full control rights to your c:\ drive folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing Frame 7 from a CD, I've seen extremely slow response at the point you mention.  I would try again and then wait for...multiple minutes and see if it can sort itself out. For me, it started happening on Windows 7, but I never researched the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. It just sits there. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my observation, too.  I had no other alternatives, so I left it going over night and it did finally present the next step.  Unless you have alternatives, I'd wind it up and let it go for a ridiculous amount of time.  Over lunch?  Over night?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, overnight? Ok, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have an Internet connection? It may be trying to “phone home” and something is blocking it. BTW – did you deactivate it first before removing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an internet connection. Deactivate? I simply uninstalled it using the Windows Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give Adobe Support a call – install issues are usually a freebie call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks again. Got a phone number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s info from an old thread:

Contact Adobe Support for Adobe Captivate, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Tech Comm. Suite & Adobe E-Learning Suite by dialing :

Via Phone: USA 1-800-833-6687 Option 2 > Option 5 > Option 3

Via Email: mailto:TCS.SUPPORT@adobe.com

You can dial this number for any customer service and technical question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here also the website with all support contact information: Adobe Technical Communication Customer Support

(However, I do not know if they can actually still help on installing FrameMaker 7.0, as this product is end of life for a really long time.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would gently suggest to the OP that it is unreasonable to expect FM7 to work on Window 7. Even the latest version of FM7 (7.2) came many years before Windows 7. If Adobe support says you are out of luck, I think that is a reasonable response in this case.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that Bob (the former Error7101) was running FM7 on virtual XP boxes inside Win7 machines. It’s probably happier in that scenario ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I've got versions of FM back to 6.0 running on Win7 Ultimate installations with no issues.

IIRC, some of the older installers had issues when running from the CD's and worked better if all of the files were copied to a hard-drive and the Setup.exe was started manually using an admin account.

Also, in case no one's noticed, the FM Forum's Overview page (https://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker) has all of the info required for contacting support, where to file bugs, feature requests, other resources, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: I seem to recall that Bob (the former Error7101) was running FM7 on virtual XP boxes inside Win7 machines.

Yep. Details here:Re: FrameMaker Error

It would also be a nice way to keep different vintages of FM and its PDF gen from stepping on each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines