• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove page break from FM2019?

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point while formatting a document I insterted a page break... I think and now after editing the document I am left with an odd un-natural gap in text I played around with the pagination and I enabled text symbols to see if I could figure out what was causing this and at this point anything I have tried is not doing anything for correcting the issue.Space below last check boxSpace below last check box

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an anchored frame attached to the end of the text that reads "...AHCI Mode)." ? 

Maybe move it [the AF] to the next line and see if that "snaps" it [the text] back up into place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is an anchor there but I am not sure how to move it... How would i go about moving the anchor (Upside down T) in a place that would move the rest of that text up to the previous page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dustin.fleming: At some point while formatting a document I insterted a page break...

Unstructured FM doesn't actually have a page break object, so historically, when you used the tool that simulated it, what it was really doing was an override to the paragraph being forced to the next page, consisting of setting
Pagination » Start: Top of Page

Undoing that, or removing overrides generally from that format usually fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Niland:

I checked for the pagination setting  >> start: top of page and that is not invoked. I have come across that before and have fixed that. In this instance there is an anchor that is determining its placement what I am not sure of is to how to move the anchor so it forces that line up with the rest of the instructions. Any information on how to change the position of the anchor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving that anchored frame is as simple as adding a return after the Mode) part - then apply a paragraph tag like Body so that it doesn't try bulleting it. If it doesn't fix it, just Undo the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dustin,

The size of the anchored frame is too big to fit in the available space on this page. The anchored frame is staying with the paragraph, but since the entire paragraph won't fit, the paragraph format Widow/Orphan Lines value (set to 1) is splitting the paragraph between the pages. Set this value to 2 and that will move the entire paragraph to the next page. Or, shrink the size of the anchored frame until everything fits on the first page.

Hope this helps,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines