• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove running header in blank page caused by pagination set to even

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to get the chapters to start on the right-hand side, I set the pagination to "Make Page Count Even." If the chapter happens to have an odd page count, FM inserts a blank page. Blank pages are not supposed to have the running headers/footers in them as the rest of the chapter. How can I get rid of the running headers/footers?

I'm using FM11 and FrameScript 6.

Indyrose

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

You can also use the various hacks for manual and automatic TPIB (This Page Intentionally Blank), discussed in these two threads:

"Page intentionally left blank."

How do I show the next page number on the current page? - FM7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use FrameScript so perhaps that will offer you a better way, but within FM11, navigate to the blank pages and Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage and set the Master Page to None. I wouldn't do it though until the edits are finalized or it will become a nightmare as text reflows.

VMware Fusionss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

That would work, but with the quantity of files we use, I need a way to do that automagically. It would be too time-consuming to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There were some good ideas on those threads! And glad you have a working solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the various hacks for manual and automatic TPIB (This Page Intentionally Blank), discussed in these two threads:

"Page intentionally left blank."

How do I show the next page number on the current page? - FM7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

The first thread is what I was looking for. My colleague's method (he was here first) was to just begin a new section on the left side and not deal with it at all. Yuck!

The thread was entertaining as well as useful. I've always wanted to print, "This page unintentionally left blank."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines