Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing background from copied image in FM 14

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying to remove the background from an image I copied into a table in FrameMaker 14. I have tried every way I know to remove the white background and nothing works. (There is a white background on this image.) The image was created in Snagit.

shut.png

Is there any particular magic to removing this?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth:

FrameMaker doesn't have the ability to remove a background from an image and convert it to transparency.

An image captured in SnagIt is saved as a bitmap, so you could remove the white background in Photoshop (or a similar application).

Alternatives include recreating it as a vector in illustrator (it's simple shape) or if you don't have the skills or software you could purchase a vector image with a transparent background on stock.adobe.com (or equivalent): Red White Power Button stock photos and royalty-free images, vectors and illustrations | Adobe Stock​.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For quick hack, one thing you can do in FM is apply a mask. Add small white-filled polygon to obscure the artifact.

In the case of the specific icon under discussion, this is a character in Unicode, as of 9.0 (2016), (codepoint U+23FB, FM dialog notation \u23fb), so if you have a 2016+ font that populates that code point, using the character, in white, on top of a red circle might meet your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines