Replace picture in Framemaker Bopk

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image on the master page of every file in a framemaker book. How can I replace the image in all files all at once? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add it by reference? If so, all you need to do is replace with the new image in the same place you linked to with the same file name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it was added by reference. I did not create the templates and I am not farmiliar with Framemaker. does any one know of any reference were someone could assist in a video call or or on the phone? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've just changed logo, again … so I updated one file to reference the new graphic, created an object style (my first!) to set size and position. After that, I kept the updated file open, selected the other files in the book and used File > Import > Formats to update page layouts and object styles across the book. If you want to give this a try, start with backups ;-}

note: I didn't want just to update the referenced file, because the previous one had a datestamp in the name: not my choice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines