• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace stylesheet

Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer who need to clean up a big bunch of old documents. The trouble is, they have been made with heaps of conditional text and a stylesheet which has gone haywire.

What is the best procedure to clean out all conditional text? I have tried doing a search and replace, where I searched for condtional text and replaced it with text, but that deleted big chunks of the document. Is it possible to somehow remove on text condtions and "flatten" the document?

Best regards

Bjørn

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, if you delete the condition from the catalog, FM gives you the option of either removing that content or just removing the condition from the text.

This probably could be automated with a script to clean up the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could set all the conditions to "show" so you can make a decision about each instance? or perhaps select all and then use esc,q,U to make everything unconditional without deleting the condition definitions. Cleaning out the unused conditions could then be a separate task, perhaps via mif. All speculation, and ymmd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines