• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resolve dll conflict

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bentley's OpenRoads Designer software as well as FrameMaker 2017.  These two seem to be stomping on each other's dll files.  The most likely suspect is TBB.dll.

Symptoms of the problem are that one program will run fine, until I start the other program.  Then the first program fails with an error that the dll is invalid.  I reinstall the broken program only to find that the first one is now broken.

I really don't care whose fault it is but does anyone have a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of it - are they each installing different versions of the DLL? If so, I would reach out to whichever is using the oldest version to make a change to their system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need to open a support ticket with both Bentley's OpenRoads Designer, and with the Fm team.

Other than separating your work using virtual machines or separate boxes, that is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Windows is this?
XP, 7, Vista, 10, 32 or 64-bit
(that mainly influences the work-around options)

Microsoft supposedly solved the "DLL hell" problem over 15 years ago, so this report is somewhat surprising.

Matt's VM suggestion would work, but is a lot of work. Re-installing both in a specific order might be worth a try. Reinstalling one or both in Compatibility Mode might be worth a try. Reinstalling as different (admin-capable) users on the same machine might be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines