responsive HTML5 and does not display content of concepts

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

in a complex structure that produces correct PDF-output, the HTML5 help however does not reference links to concepts in the structure.

In the navigation the name concept file is displayed, however the reference link to display the content when clicking on the name is broken and the content is not shown.

Inspecting the navigation element that is not displayed it shows its for some reason just creating an emptyp <a href="#"> without the path.

For the missing ones, I do not know.

Other concepts are just not even displayed in the navigation, even though the html files have been generated.

Can you please help?

I have tried all sorts of structuring and even creating topics instead of concepts.

Nothing worked.

Cheers.

PS: I have the latest update of FM2017 installed.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

314

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Explorer , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018
Found the source of the problem: its a bug!The conversion can not handle umlauts (ä,ö,ü) and possibly UTF8 characters for concepts, tasks, topics and the like in the file name.Funny enough it does not seem to have this problem with the ditamap name.Please fix this.Thanks.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Structured or unstructured FM?

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

structured - and idependent if topic or concept as i just found out

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - moving you over ;>)

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks...

so what i figured so far is

that it does not matter if it is a topic or concept that gets lost in the navigation or just not linked the content to

it does not matter what I tried so far - optimizing the dita map and what not... changing the position in the structure from sibling to child or back , nothing

Problem is, that when generating the HTML5 responsive Help content, the TOC (Navigation topics) are either not all generated or some are generated, but do not display the content of the concept file, as the href to the file is missing.

When inspecting the HTML code in the browser it shows that: <a href="#">concept name</a>
Instead of <a href=”path of the correctly generated html file”> concept name </a>

For the missing topics I can just say, that the HTML file has been generated correctly and is there, but the TOC (Navigation) is not showing the file.

The xml files are all valid, so is the structure and also the corresponding HTML files are ALL generated, only the TOC in the Help-Output is buggy.

Please help out here, as this is an urgent project and the Online-Help is useless like this.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the source of the problem: its a bug!

The conversion can not handle umlauts (ä,ö,ü) and possibly UTF8 characters for concepts, tasks, topics and the like in the file name.

Funny enough it does not seem to have this problem with the ditamap name.

Please fix this.

Thanks.

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a user-to-user forum, you'll need to go to adobe.com/go/wish to log your request.

-Matt

Likes

translate

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines