• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

responsive html5 turns chinese when viewed online

Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most bizarre problem with html5 publishing and I can not figure out what is happening.

I am publishing a book to html5 from FrameMaker 2019 - 64 bit version. The published material looks ok when viewed in a browser locally, but when viewed online, everything turns to chinese characters like this:

https://www.smalbro.dk/soco/

Obviously something about fontsettings/unicode goes awry, but why it looks ok locally but not ok online, I can not understand.

Has anybody here experienced this before?

Best regards

Bjørn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you using in that text? I suspect it's not a web-safe (or whatever they call it) font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Verdana, Geneva, Sansserif fontset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't get this. When I check the code of the HTML5 output from FrameMaker 2019, it says UTF8 and FrameMaker 2017. Even if I choose UTF16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines