• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run an Fcode through a Hypertext command

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to execute an Fcode through a Hypertext command? I want to be able to click on a Hypertext link in FrameMaker and have it execute an Fcode. I see this in the FDK Reference on page 800: FV_HypertextFcodeInvalid: Invalid FCode in the hypertext command. But I can't figure out the syntax for doing executing an Fcode in a Hypertext marker. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Klaus pointed me in the right direction with his PDF. I am not using ExtendScript or the FDK here, I simply want to be able to invoke an Fcode by Control+Alt+Clicking on a Hypertext marker. So pressing Control+Alt and clicking on this Hypertext marker

fcodes 300

shows the New dialog box. The hard part is locating the correct Fcode number. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick I think this must be done with setting up a command on the reference page as it is done in the Equations palette. My documentation http://www.daube.ch/docu/files/palette-internals-0.pdf may help with details.

HTH Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Is this the FDK? To be honest, I don't really have any idea what all those hypertext properties mean. If I ever need a hypertext link to do something, I use the generic "message <client_name>" syntax in the marker. This triggers the F_ApiMessage() callback which can do anything, including fcode execution. I suspect you probably know about this methodology, though... so maybe I don't fully understand your question.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Klaus pointed me in the right direction with his PDF. I am not using ExtendScript or the FDK here, I simply want to be able to invoke an Fcode by Control+Alt+Clicking on a Hypertext marker. So pressing Control+Alt and clicking on this Hypertext marker

fcodes 300

shows the New dialog box. The hard part is locating the correct Fcode number. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines