Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run around properties confusing in FrameMaker 2020

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-09-30_14-19-57.png

I am probably overlooking something really obvious here, but I can not make this work:

• I have a page layout with sidehead.
  • I put a headline, which has been set to Across all columns and sidehead (The one saying "Tequila 30-30")
  • I insert an anchored frame in the headline which has been set to "Run into Paragraph"
  • Now I would like to set the anchored frames Run Around Properties to "Don't Run Around". But I get a non sensical error message (Shown above). I want the body text to flow up under the headline. But I can not make that work. But why not, actually?...
TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run around properties only work for unanchored graphic objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: Run around properties only work for unanchored graphic objects.

And yes, that makes the feature mostly irrelevant.

• RA is OK for master page graphics. And for limited numbers of graphics, a unique MP with the graphic could be mapped to the associated/triggering body text content that needs it.
  • RA also works if the associated text is in a text frame in the anchored frame.
  • But the obvious solution of just dropping the graphic on the page, is usually a stewardship problem, as reflow of content can move the associated text to another page all too easily. OK for 1&2-page docs, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bjørn:

Is the anchored frame always the same size? If so, how about adding a left/first indent to the Heading para to accomodate the frame width, and changing the anchored frame to Outside Column with specific (negative) position values?

head.gif

Para Designer:

para.png

Anchored frame:

frame.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines