• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Runaround not working

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphic placed at the front on the master page continually placed at the back when switching to body page, and therefore hidden.

Not sure if it's possible to attach the FM file in question, if it is I'll gladly do so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi andyhersham01,

I have sent you a private message with our email ID. Please email us with your contact details along with the FM file to test.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed bug report FRMAKER-3044 - Runaround contour not working correctly
(In the old bug base this was reported already as bug 4109561)
The test document (MIF-7) containts (referenced) images in TIF, PNG, JPG and BMP format. GIF may still be a test candidate too.
Generally: If the image is in a frame, runaround does not work at all. Runaround is only active if the image is 'placed on the paper' (see Help text). This seems to be ‘as designed’ - but it does not suffice the user in all cases. Hence the function is only useful on master pages.

My tests show that only FM-9 and 10 worked as desigened!

TIF   PNG   JPG    BMP  Cursor*
6.0.0.405  OK    OK    NOK    OK    NOK     
7.2.0.158  OK    OK    NOK    OK    NOK
8.0.0.277  OK    OK    NOK    OK    NOK
9.0.0.255  OK    OK    OK     OK    OK
10.0.2.419  OK    OK    OK     OK    OK
11.0.2.384  OK    OK    OK     OK    NOK
12.0.4.445  OK    NOK   NOK    OK    NOK
13.0.5.547  OK    NOK   NOK    OK    NOK
14.0.2.425  OK    NOK   NOK    OK    NOK

* Cursor: when scrolling through the text with PgDn the display jumps back to the initial location. No such jump when klicking in the scroll bar to walk.
From the FM help:
If you want to run text around the contour of an imported graphic, make sure the graphic is behind the text frame. To do so, select the graphic and choose Graphics > Send to Back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like there are two separate issues here, the other being
"Graphic placed at the front on the master page continually placed at the back when switching to body page, and therefore hidden."

As far as I know, graphics place on MPs are inherently behind graphics placed on Body Pages.

I did just did a test in FM7. Run-around works fine for MP and BP objects, but MP objects are always "back" relative to Body Page objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines