• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

S1000D and FrameMaker 11

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for documentation on getting started using S1000D in FrameMaker 11. When I select S1000D>New>Publication Module in FrameMaker 11 nothing appears. Do I need any additional software such as Technical Communications Suit?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, there hasn't been anything written up fro FM11 and not much (if anyhing) has changed since the FM10 version. For more info, see:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/s1000d/index.html

http://tmaldous.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/s1000d-support-adobe-fm10-whitepaper.pdf

You can also search the Forums for S1000D. There are a few threads here along with the contact info for the developer (Ian Proudfoot) of this module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to understand structured FrameMaker, or understand the S1000D content model, or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to understand the S1000D content model. We presently use structured FrameMaker to publish technical documents for an IETM. We want to incorporate S1000D into our publications. I am not sure if we can use our existing DTD with S1000D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

FrameMaker 11 does come with a free starter pack for S1000D Issue 4.0,1, It is one of the options that you can use on installation. This starter pack is also available from the Adobe Web site.

However the starter pack only provides some of the possible structures for version 4.0.1 only. S1000D has been in user for many years and proljects are currently working with at least some of the following:

Issue 1.6 to 1.9

Issue 2.0 to 2.3

Issue 3

and issue 4.0 4.01 and 4.1 (the latest)

Up to issue 4 it was avaiallbe configured for SGML and XML (except 1.n).

There have been one or two applications for use with S1000D but the longest available is the one from Mekon (www.mekon.com) more specifically their Aerospace and Defence division (www.aerospace-defence.com/index.php/pages/products/create/create) - this link takes you to the part of the site specifically related to FM11 and S1000D. The product has been around for many years and is updated each time a new issue of S1000D is available and also when a new version of FM is released.

I must delare an interest - I work for Mekon and we have a very good relationship with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines