• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As PDF not working in FrameMaker 2015

Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the TCS 2015, and have only installed FrameMaker, none of the other software programs in the suite are installed.

Acrobat DC is installed from my subscription to the Creative Cloud.

In FrameMaker 2015, choosing File > Save as PDF, I get an error message:

"There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be found."

Double-clicking on the PDF file in Distiller, which shows zero seconds, a message appears "Cannot open this file." No log file is created.

In FrameMaker I'm able to print to a PostScript file using File > Print and selecting the Adobe PDF print driver, and then I'm able to create a PDF by opening the .ps file in Distiller.

I would appreciate any suggestions how to make the FIle > Save as PDF command work correctly and produce a PDF in FrameMaker 2015.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I have the TCS 2015, and have only installed FrameMaker, none of the other software programs in the suite are installed.

Acrobat DC is installed from my subscription to the Creative Cloud.

In what order were TCS and CC installed?
What options were taken in TCS to suppress the install of the headless Distiller in FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker from TCS was installed last.

I didn't do anything special to suppress the install of the "headless" Distiller in FrameMaker.

Should I uninstall and reinstall FrameMaker and suppress Distiller in the process? I don't recall seeing an option to suppress Distiller when I did the FrameMaker installation, although it may have been there and I simply didn't notice it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click on the FM line in the installation window to see the options available. By default, the installer adds the PDFCreator [a headless version of Distiller] and sets internal pointers to to its location. If you specify not to install this, then FM will use any existing installed Acrobat/Distiller app. The installed PDFCreator can stomp on some of components of an existing Acrobat installation - you might have to run the Repair utility in Acrobat.

It's probably easieir to re-install FM and make sure that you specify not to install the PDFCreator option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to uninstall the TCS FrameMaker 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

I uninstalled FrameMaker 2015. Now I want to reinstall it. In the installation dialog box for TCS 2015, I don't see a checkbox for the PDFCreator option. There is a checkbox to install Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC. It is unchecked by default. Where would I find the checkbox for the PDFCreator option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They seem to be changing the name between releases and TCS and stand-alone versions. That's the option that you want. Do the re-install with the option unchecked. It should configure things properly. I had an older stand-alone version of Acrobat installed prior to installing the TCS and it went smoothly on that machine. On another machine, I just installed everything from the TCS.

Just a note of caution, in the past, newer releases of Acrobat have changed some default locations for components, so I'm not certain if AcrobatDC puts everything where FM has been told to look [though it seems to work when AcrobatDC from the TCS package is installed].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines