• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as pdf not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Framemaker 15, which was working fine so long. I run it via VMWare.

When I do a File-Save as PDF and give a file name and click ok, it seems that it is creating a pdf file but then I cant find it anywhere. I dont get any error while creating it.

In the File explorer I do see that file in the Recent files list. When I try to open it, I get an error that the file does not exist.

Its weird. But has anyone come across such an error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Check to see that this KB is installed - quoting Dov Isaacs of Adobe - "The fix is now live on Windows Update. It is the July 24, 2018 update —KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191). Amongst a whole boatload of Windows bugs that are fixed are two of interest to users of Adobe software, the fix that enables FrameMaker to use fractional widths and the fix for OpenType CFF fonts sent to Type 4 printer drivers (typically not PostScript devices)." - see Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows is your VM running? Could be related to the Build 1803 issue last year in Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running VMWare

Professional Version 10.1.5 (10950653)

on Windows 10Pro version 1803

Do you know if there is any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, make sure that your Win10 version is right up to date - MS released a fix back in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a windows update just a couple of days ago... In fact the error started only after that.

Who could I contact, would you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see that this KB is installed - quoting Dov Isaacs of Adobe - "The fix is now live on Windows Update. It is the July 24, 2018 update —KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191). Amongst a whole boatload of Windows bugs that are fixed are two of interest to users of Adobe software, the fix that enables FrameMaker to use fractional widths and the fix for OpenType CFF fonts sent to Type 4 printer drivers (typically not PostScript devices)." - see Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines