• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as pdf - suddenly quit

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new here. We have a major issue in Framemaker 2019 (updated - and Windows 10 (hungarian,  also updated) ) .

The first part of this issue is simple. If I want to open a old document, all my menus becomes grayed out. I can't choose "save", "save as" or "print" until then I wont open a brand new, empty page.

After this, my menus are appears, but if I want to select "save to pdf" under my old document, and my software start to produce my PDF file, something is happening, and Framemaker is suddnely crashed, and quits. Unfortunately, there is no error message or error code.

I try to reinstall and reset my preferences (and workspace), and I already updated everything, but i did not succeed.

Please suggest me any solution about my issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this thread - Unable to save as PDF in FrameMaker 2017

about the PDF bug. As for the first part, could you be trying to open locked files? You might try searching for "heroic open" and try that technique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating PDF using the File>Publish pod? I recommend using this method in Fm 2019.

As for the menus being grayed out, can you provide a screen shot?

Have you tried using the Esc, F, l (lowercase L), k key sequence?

Esc, F,l,k locks/unlocks a document. This allows you to test hyperlinks without using the Ctrl+Alt modifiers, but is frustrating if you don't know that the doc is locked.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Only a comment to the grayed out menus. I notice this rather often that I open a document, and some of the menus are grayed out. When I close this document without saving and open it again, the menus might be active. I did not find a common scheme yet.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines