Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving As PDF errors in FM10

Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been producing PDFs by using Save As PDF instead of Print Book because I have an EPS file that gets screwed up during color conversion (I need to uncheck that color conversion option). Today is the first time I have noticed the following error message appearing in the FrameMaker Console after I produce a PDF using the Save As PDF option (and this message has appeared for multiple books that I have been making PDFs of):

Save as PDF failed to post-process the PDF file for Reflow: Unable to save the reprocessed PDF file.

The PDF file should be intact and usable but may not reflow properly. Check that the destination PDF file is not in use or its permissions, then Save as PDF again. If the problem persists, please contact Adobe Technical Support.

What does this mean? All the PDFs look correct, print correctly, and get uploaded correctly, so I don't understand where the error is and what is causing it. Any ideas?

I am running FM10 and CS5.5 on a Windows 7 32-bit machine.

Thanks,

Smitty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smitty,

When you use the Save As PDF option in FM, there are some automatic post-processing options that are applied in the background. These are specified in the maker.ini file, e.g.

FMMediaAnnot=Standard, Post-process PDF for Media Annot,fminit\fmmediaannot.dll,all

FRAME2pdf=Standard, Post-process PDF for 3D Annot,fminit\frame2pdf.dll,all

PDFSize=Standard, Optimize PDF Size, fminit\pdfsize.dll,all

FMPDFReflow=Standard, Post-process PDF for Reflow, fminit\fmpdfreflow.dll,all

It looks like, in your case, the PDF reflow module isn't able to properly grab the PDF file (or perhaps write to a temp area to work with it) to do it's stuff. If you don't need the document for Accessibility nor created a Taggged PDF version, then you don't need this option anyway. You can disable it by commenting it out with a ";" at the start of the line the maker.ini file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Arnis. I have no idea why it can't grab the PDF file now when I did not change anything, but I am not using the Accessibility feature or creating Tagged PDFs. Therefore, I am not going to worry about it

Thanks again,

Smitty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread but I found a solution that worked for me, at least. For the past year I had been running FrameMaker on our network drive with no issues. Today, however, I added a new file to my book and started seeing the OP errors. So, I copied the files to my C: drive and the errors went away.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines