• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as PDF not working

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 2017 on a trial basis to prepare a single-chapter document (that is, not a book). When I try to save as PDF, the Save Document dialog appears and I select how and where to save the PDF. Then, the PDF Setup dialog appears. When I click either Set or Cancel, FM does not save the document as a PDF.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Please update your Windows 10 with latest update from Microsoft. This issue has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay:

Try File > Print with Print to File off, Generate Acrobat Data on and Printer: Adobe PDF.
Screenshot 2018-09-02 07.12.47.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb, but if you notice that, while similar, you have attached a screenshot of the Print Document dialog. That dialog does not appear when I try to Save as PDF. After I select a file name and location, the PDF Setup dialog appears:

Untitled.png

I do notice that you are printing to Adobe PDF printer. I don't have that option, so maybe I'll look into it. BTW I can print to PDF using the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, but it doesn't offer the exact size of this particular document.

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the Adobe PDF printer, but that didn't work either:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update your Windows 10 with latest update from Microsoft. This issue has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I only wish it was that simple. It's Windows 10 Pro, administered by the organization for which I work, and I do not believe I can update it myself. I'll ask IT...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out this article for more details: FrameMaker cannot generate PDF after Windows 10 April update (1803)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thank you, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so, I was in fact able to update Windows 10 and I am now able to print to the Adobe PDF printer.

At that point, I was still unable to Save as PDF. I have some recollection of Adobe Distiller, so I installed Adobe Acrobat DC for a seven-day trial. I can now Save as PDF. Because the trial dialog appears now every time I Save as PDF, I imagine that, when the trial ends, I will no longer be able to Save as PDF.

Thanks, again, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines