• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as .rtf file

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save FrameMeker file as .rtf, I always have following error message and cannot save it.

Is there any way I can fix this issue?

28-09-2016 10-06-11 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Maybe - make sure that your FM2015 version is patched up to the latest release. Have you ever been able to save this document as .rtf? If so, what's changed? Have a look at the doc to determine what may be causing the error (BTW - those error codes only mean something to FM engineers, not us people on the forums).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Jeff.

When I fail to save as .rtf and try again, I sometimes can save it.

So even same file sometime fail and sometime success... I am not sure what is the issue.

I checked my FM version, and it seems the latest version.

Anyway, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless it's been substantially enhanced in recent releases FM export to RTF is pretty weak.

You can get more control (and probably reliability) by using the now-free tool MIF2GO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As far as I know the RTF export was improved with version 2015.

Mif2Go cannot be installed for FM 2015. The latest supported version is 12.

When you can save the very same file sometimes and sometimes not, I would suspect that it's your virus scanner or your network connection or the number of applications which you have started. Does it make a difference, if you try this with a local copy?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines