Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving FM15 as MIF 6.0 - Impossible?

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows,

I am trying to save an FM15 file as MIF6.0 using a script but the output MIF file contains some gibberish.

It seems that in FrameScript, the following doesn't work:

Save Document DocObject(myDocVar) File(myOutFileName) FileType(SaveFmtInterchange60);

Please, advise!

Thanks,

Roman

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roman,

There is no such parameter as SaveFmtInterchange60. Use SaveFmtInterchange70 instead and your MIF file will be compatible with FrameMaker 6.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your response!

SaveFmtInterchange70 creates MIF 7.0. Are there any differences between MIF6.0 and MIF 7.0?

I guess Framemaker 6 was only able to create MIF6.0, right?

Thanks,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, each FrameMaker version creates its own "version" of MIF. The only reason that there is still a MIF 7.0 option is that FrameMaker 7 is the last version before FrameMaker went to a Unicode character set instead of FrameRoman. So any version below 8 will handle MIF 7.0 correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your response!

I need to replace a legacy MIF file created with FM 6.0 with a new one. The legacy MIF file served as a template for MIF files generated out of XML files. The only problem is that if I save the new template file as MIF 7.0 or later, the file generated from XML contains an extra blank page at the beginning of the file. With the old template, it worked fine and didn't add any blank pages. I checked the pagination and master page usage settings and they are identical in both the old and the new templates. So I hoped that saving the new template as MIF 6.0 would somehow resolve the issue. But it appears that I can't save as MIF 6.0. Saving as MIF7.0 doesn't help, so saving as MIF6.0 wouldn't have helped either, I guess...

Best Regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines