After having resolved the crashing problem when I close FrameMaker 2019, I am now having the issue that after having renamed the preference folder, I had to completely redo my workspace. When I save the workspace, it resets my preferences in the Paragraph, Character, and Table Catalogs. I want to see used things first. I can no longer do that, if I save my workspace. Same result for any other option I pick in the catalogs. Saving the workspace just reset it.
I just reset the workspace, and now that is magically fixed. Please fix your software. I should not have to save, then reset to get my chosen settings. This wasn't a problem in FM 2015. How did the devs manage to build this bug into the software??
Please read what's written here before responding. Better yet, please just fix this.
Ok, I've read it, but I still don't quite understand what you're talking about.
First, you could have saved your workspace by copying the workspace file out of your renamed Prefs folder into the new one that FM creates when the Prefs are missing.
Second, I don't get what you mean - "When I save the workspace, it resets my preferences in the Paragraph, Character, and Table Catalogs. I want to see used things first." - Can you post some screenshots showing what's going on? I haven't heard of that before.
Third, you know that this is a user-to-user forum, right? Staff may occasionally pop in, but it's just us volunteers here mostly. If you need to kvetch to Adobe, contact them via email@example.com or the Tracker.
To log any bugs and feature requests, go to adobe.com/go/wish.
This forum is for user-to-user help and won't effect change in the product itself.
This "feature" isn't working. This isn't a feature request. I change the settings in the workspace that I have saved to show the used items first in every catalog, then save it again, overwriting the old one, and it reverts every catalog to "show all".
This is some sort of bug. I'm really tired of setting up my workspace over and over again, and having this eventually corrupt that workspace. Restarting doesn't solve it.
I did just find that resetting the workspace seems to solve this problem, at least after having redone those changes and resaved it.