Highlighted

Script to delete/unwrap/remove every character format, tag, etc..

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker & Extendscript newbie here. Hope I get the terminology close. I am supporting a documenter that wants to remove "everything" related to all character formats, tags, etc.. For instance, in the included image, he wants the to remove the "Bold" tag and format from the document. Can anyone help.

Bold Example.png

TOPICS
Scripting, Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script to delete/unwrap/remove every character format, tag, etc..

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker & Extendscript newbie here. Hope I get the terminology close. I am supporting a documenter that wants to remove "everything" related to all character formats, tags, etc.. For instance, in the included image, he wants the to remove the "Bold" tag and format from the document. Can anyone help.

Bold Example.png

TOPICS
Scripting, Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this with ExtendScript, but you may want to take a look at FrameSLT by www.weststreetconsulting.com. It allows you to use XPath (a W3C standard) to search for element/attribute combinations and them perform actions on them. For example, you could search for //Bold elements and then unwrap them. I have been using this plugin for years and it has been a great asset to my productivity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 1