• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

searching quantities of files

Advisor ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's a cross-over FM/operating system questions … but I've just had a colleague asking "do we have any documents about tokenization?" I'm confident we don't have anything with tokenization as its main subject, so nothing with 'token' in the filename. Unfortunately, I now realise that short of opening every .book that might contain related information and then running a search, I do not know any way of scanning my FM library for content. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Content within any binary .fm file is still just unicode text. So you could use any file search tool (for example, wingrep) that will scan binary files. Just set it to scan your folder(s) for the term.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what version of FM you’ve got, you could output as WebHelp or Responsive HTML5 help & use the search tool baked into that or just print as PDFs & search within them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content within any binary .fm file is still just unicode text. So you could use any file search tool (for example, wingrep) that will scan binary files. Just set it to scan your folder(s) for the term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cygwin and grep did the trick … thanks for pointing me in the/a right direction, Arnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines