• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self-generated hypertext not complete line

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several of my TOC files have hypertext links that stop after only a few characters. Is there any way to correct this?

For example Hypertext in Bold:

TOC

Chapter 1 ........... 1-1

Chapter 2 ............ 2-1

Chapter 3 ........... 3-1

A. Sub-Chap ... 3-3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Hi Charles:

Character tags will cause this to happen.

I suppose they could be in the TOC file, but check the source files first. For example, open chapter 2, triple click to select the paragraph that says "Chapter 2" and remove any character tags by clicking on Default ¶ Font in Format > Character > Catalog. Update the book to see if that fixes it. If it does, continue to fix the other paragraphs.

If not, let us know.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a true TOC (generated from the FM menu) or one that was manually created? Have you checked the reference page formatting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOCs are generated from FM menu. All of the information shows up, but not all of it is linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles:

Character tags will cause this to happen.

I suppose they could be in the TOC file, but check the source files first. For example, open chapter 2, triple click to select the paragraph that says "Chapter 2" and remove any character tags by clicking on Default ¶ Font in Format > Character > Catalog. Update the book to see if that fixes it. If it does, continue to fix the other paragraphs.

If not, let us know.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! I inherited several manuals from a person that is no longer present, and there are a lot of issues that I have bee rooting out of them. This one has been driving me nuts for the better part of a year. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are always happy to help, Charles. Glad you are back on track.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines