• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting the side head area in FrameMaker 2015

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Object Properties dialog box has changed considerably in FrameMaker 2015. It looks like you have to specify side heads through the Object Style Designer and then assign that style to the text frame.  Is that true?

So I defined the side heads using Graphics > Object Style Designer. In the Object Properties dialog box, I selected my side head style and clicked Save. The side heads weren't added. Nothing changed on the page.

Does anyone know how to add side heads in FrameMaker 2015?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Same as always:

1) Format > Page Layout > Column Layout...

2) Click on the Room for Side Heads checkbox in the upper left and fill in the desired Width, Gap and Side properties

3) Click on Update Entire Flow

Sideheads.png

This is an entire document Flow-level property, so you really shouldn't be going through the Object Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same as always:

1) Format > Page Layout > Column Layout...

2) Click on the Room for Side Heads checkbox in the upper left and fill in the desired Width, Gap and Side properties

3) Click on Update Entire Flow

Sideheads.png

This is an entire document Flow-level property, so you really shouldn't be going through the Object Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines