• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shading table headings

Advisor ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not life-threatening, but as I plod through converting/updating over a hundred tables in an inherited document I want to be consistent: each table should have two rows in the heading, so that when the lost graphics arrive and all the pagination reflows any tables that need to will have the caption (first heading row) and the column headers (second heading row) at the top of every page.

What's puzzling me is that I have [at least] one table which does behave like this – and has Heading/Footing shading set to 10%, which is only visible on the first of the two heading rows. Is this a feature, or is there some subtle detail I've missed?

Now I can take my long-delayed week's holiday and look forward to learning something when I get back :-}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Hope you had a good holiday]

Have you checked if overrides via Table > Format > Custom Ruling & Shading... have been applied? [Unfortunately, there is no Status Bar feedback on tables or table cells to let you know if anything is amiss]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second of your heading rows might not actually be a heading row. Does it repeat if the table extends across multiple pages?

Also, check that the table is indeed a single table. I've previously seen two tables butted so close together that they look like a single table - usually as a result of importing from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that it's likely to be in play here, but in newer versions of FM that support background colors for text, what is the effect of that in a table cell?

Does it fill the cell (which could be mistaken for shading), or does it act as it does in normal para frames?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines