• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SharePoint and FrameMaker 10 Check in

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker and the CMS feature to check documents out of our SharePoint repository at work. I can check documents out and edit them after I have logged into the repository manager. I edit my document but then when I right click on the document in the repository manager to check it back in, the "check in" option is grayed out or not selectable. Does anybody know what I have to do to correct this? I have the correct permissions to the SharePoint directory since I am the one who created the directory in the first place.

I thank you for your help!

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this post is quite old, but I am facing the same problem. When I try to check-in any files, that particular option is grayed-out. I've also read about this in the other forum discussions. None of the proposed solutions has helped yet. Anybody around with some ideas?

Thanks!

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christian,

If nothing has worked for you yet, you could try the demo version of FM12 to see if this behaves better with Sharepoint. There has been some work done on the connectors in the the two releases since FM10.

Also, are you fully patched in FM10? The latest version was 10.0.2 (see: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

Thanks for your quick response! I should have mentioned, that I was already trying FrameMaker 12 and we are using SharePoint 2013. As this didn't work and had tried my luck with RoboHelp 11. Now what seems a bit odd to me is the fact it is running with RoboHelp and its SharePoint Connector. When I try the same with FM12 it won't let me check in any files, RH works fine. I think from that perspective it not authorization related.

Regards

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure -- have you saved the file before trying to check it in?

It's a litle while since I've worked with FM and the SharPoint connector, and I no longer have the ability to test this. But when you check out a file, Adobe creates a local copy. You may need to save the local copy before you can check it back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, Thanks for your hint. Unfortunately I've had also tried that. We've now switched to SVN as an alternative option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been the same for every version from 9 forward. Should 12 be any different?

I use Adobe FrameMaker because it's the best solution available. What incenses me is that Adobe IGNORES these kinds of problems.

If you have CMS integration with SharePoint, DON'T MAKE YOUR CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBLE FOR TROUBLESHOOTING IT!!!!!

Stop acting like Miicrosoft!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see an admin guide that shows how to configure SP 2010 to work with FM 12.  I cannot check files in.  I can upload.  I can check out.  I cannot checkin.  After I checkout, I can't even check in from the SP web interface.

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please tell me which type of authentication is used in your sharepoint setup i.e. Classic mode or Claim based.

Thanks,

Pankaj

FrameMaker Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A late answer, but still.

what solved the problem for us is to add the domain prefix in the cms connection(domain\account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines