• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to apply a border to a graphic, and to shrinkwrap it

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a shortcut, on previous versions of FrameMaker, that shrinkwrapped an inserted graphic and automatically applied a thin, black border to the image, in one step. This was a huge time saver, and eliminated tons of infernal mouse clicking. During a FrameMaker absence, I lost the shortcut. I've torn the Internet apart and read more shortcut cheatsheets and bloggy links than I can ever count, to no avail. Using Esc,m,p comes close, as this shrinkwraps the frame to the image and places it in the upper-left corner of the container (in my use, a single-row table for figures). But I still cannot find the shortcut that also applies what I think was a 1-point border, so you don't have to use the graphics tools to do it. Did they eliminate this feature?  :*-(  Best. Shortcut. Ever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

How about Esc 0 p ? (that's a zero not the letter O)

It's the shortcut for assign first pen pattern (black), but you'd still have to shrink-wrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A student just asked me about the automatic border shortcut the other day—she described it the same way you did so I'm sure it existed/exists, but it was news to me. I'll go grab my old 5.5 shortcut guide—maybe it's in there.

In the meantime, I got away with teaching her shrink-wrap (Esc m p) and using an Object Style to assign the border. She was happy, and the beauty of object styles is that you can assign a 1 pt border to a bazzion frames, and then realize it should be 1.5 pts. You can update the style and update all the frames. Just sayin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Esc 0 p ? (that's a zero not the letter O)

It's the shortcut for assign first pen pattern (black), but you'd still have to shrink-wrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOORAY! Yes, the Esc,0,p works, and I don't mind applying the second shortcut to shrinkwrap, for the short term. THANK YOU! I am in the process of building our doc templates and will eventually add the feature to the Object Catalog, but for now, this helps. (P.S. I am "that student."  :-)  and your teaching is stellar.) 

Thanks so much for your diligence and expertise.

-Roxane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL! Roxane! You are so funny. I'm just going to keep calling you Lou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any shortcut that does both at once in my tattered shortcut guide circa 1995. I hope someone will remember and shares it with us.

I did have a thought that might be relevant though, Lou... back in the old days I used to purchase FrameMaker add-ons from MicroType (FrameMaker, Acrobat, Captivate Training Courses & Seminars: Live online, on-site or self-paced) ) which added toolbars, shortcuts and menus to FrameMaker. Sometimes I would get confused about what was actually a Fm feature, and what was added in by MicroType (i.e., Scaling from the context menu, which somehow still doesn't exist in Fm 2015). I wonder if this combo was part of the add-on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines