• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide Condition

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a document that uses conditions. The person who set this up is now gone. I have tags that are named Show X100, Hide X100, Show UNIS, Hide UNIS. Why they would be named this way makes no sense since they are moved back and forth from the SHOW HIDE Condition in the POD. How do I identify exactly what condition is doing what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they expressions or Conditional Build Tags? They sound more like expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. It has been years since I have used FM. How do I know or how do I check that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Show/Hide pod, are they listed as tags in the Show or Hide columns? Or are they in the Show as per Expression section? Regardless, you're going to have to figure out what text is tagged with what conditions - I'd turn on a different color for each one & see what appears in your content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Subguy617:

Can you share a screen shot of the Show/Hide pod?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! This is the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did! Is there anything in the Expression drop-down besides Default Expression?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I had a fire to put out and don't remember if I replied. There is only the Default Expression selection in the Expression Field.

Jeff

Colorado Springs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oof, it sounds like there's a bit of spaghetti-ness in how the tags are applied.

Optimally, tags would specify inclusion. I can't see where specifying exclusion would be helpful...that's what you would do from the Show/Hide Conditional Text pod by hiding a specific set of conditions.

You might try making a test copy of your project and deleting the "Hide" tags. From there you may be able to make more sense of what you've got.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Matt, I will give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

It sounds like someone didn’t understand how to set up the tag names. Condtional text can be very confusing to someone doesn’t understand how it works, and they often make it harder than it needs to be.

~Barb

P.S. We’re neighbors! I’m up in Evergreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines