• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show/Hide Conditional Text Anchored Frame Issues

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied conditional tags to show/hide a certain section within my document. This section includes images as well. However, when I "show" this section, the anchored frame, not the image border, appears in a thick black box, yet this anchored frame was set to invisible when I set the Conditional Tax.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

If you have show condition indicators on when the condition is in the Show column, you will have a border on any anchored frame that has a condition tag, just as you will have a border on a table row or column that has a condition tag.

As I said, if you create a separate condition tag for just the anchored frames that has everything set to as-is, it PROBABLY will not have a border added even when the show condition indicators is on, but you won't be able to use the same condition tag for both the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not really seeing what the issue is - if you've applied the condition to the anchored frame, then set it to hide, does it hide it or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anchored frame is appearing in black but I did not set it to do so and want it to stay invisible when I apply the conditional tag. It looks like this before I add the conditional tag to show/hide - it simply should show the gray boarder I added to the image, with the anchored frame invisible as opposed to black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not quite following - when you apply the condition to the anchored frame, it doesn't do anything to it at that point; you have to use your Show/Hide settings for anything to be hidden. Are we looking at your FM content here or some output format (like PDF?) Maybe you need to turn on your Text Symbols to see exactly what you've applied the condition tag to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's how it appears in PDF which is even worse. I need the anchored frame around the image border to stay invisible, not add a black border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's appearing in the PDF, then it sounds like you haven't got the condition applied correctly to the image inside the anchored frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I do so? I highlighted the entire section, including images, from top to bottom and applied the condition. They hide when I set them to hide, and show when I set them to show. But they add the black border when I do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you using? Are you currently all patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017, and yes I believe I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The border is there to give you a visual indication that the graphic has a condition applied. If you turn off condition indicators, you won't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB: This is the case from, I think, FM12 onward. Earlier versions did not provide this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't want to turn off the condition indicators. I need to be able to show/hide this section as needed. Would that remove the show/hide function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand this correctly, you are saying that you want everyone reading the document to be able to tell that the information that has a condition tag on it is conditioned. Is that correct?

In that case, I don't think you can do what you want. Adobe added borders to tables and frames that are condition tagged to provide a visual indicator that they have a condition applied and which condition was applied, assuming you used different colors and things to distinguish each condition. You could perhaps create a specific condition tag for graphics that has no change to colors and things, although I don't know if that will work and don't have time to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually not what I'd like to do   I'd like to hide the information tagged. However, when I add it back in, I don't want the anchored frames to appear in black as I've shown in the screenshots attached. I want no black border to be added around the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have show condition indicators on when the condition is in the Show column, you will have a border on any anchored frame that has a condition tag, just as you will have a border on a table row or column that has a condition tag.

As I said, if you create a separate condition tag for just the anchored frames that has everything set to as-is, it PROBABLY will not have a border added even when the show condition indicators is on, but you won't be able to use the same condition tag for both the text and the graphic if the conditioned text has to be visibly different from the non-conditioned text when the show condition indicator is on.

If you turn the show indicators off, there will be no border on the graphic frame, but you also will not be able to tell what information has been conditionaled. There is no way to have some condition indicators on and some off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I didn't realize the default was to have that checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines