Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SiD_ functions

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the data browser for FM2019 there are a number of functions in the global object prefixed with "SiD_".

e.g. SiD_FindOpenDoc(), SiD_Log(), SiD_MakePod().

I can't find the term "SiD_" in any documentation.

Does anyone know what these are for, or what SiD stands for?

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Hello,

Those functions are part of private libraries I have used to implement the DITA customisation plug-in for FM2019. Since the release of the product I have started to wrap those libraries in a separate SiD object so that they do not show up as a large number of methods in the global space anymore. That code will likely make it into the next FM release. The SiD_ functions are not documented and will not be, as they are part of a specific functionality and not offered as functions in themselve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Those functions are part of private libraries I have used to implement the DITA customisation plug-in for FM2019. Since the release of the product I have started to wrap those libraries in a separate SiD object so that they do not show up as a large number of methods in the global space anymore. That code will likely make it into the next FM release. The SiD_ functions are not documented and will not be, as they are part of a specific functionality and not offered as functions in themselves.

SiD stands for my company name: Smart Informarion Design. Using a unique prefix like this avoids conflicts with other global functions that scripters may have created.

Kind regards

4everJang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines