Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Side effect of menu to UI-object colour

Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have now tracked down a strange error/problem in my large script to the following. I can not see why this happens:

• (line 05 active) Running via menu selection the message in the palette is black
  • (line 06 active) Running without this menu the message is presented in red as ecpected due to line 42.

Any 'enlighment' is welcome.

Klaus

// ColouredMessage.jsx --- 2019-06-01

// Why is the message in palette AssignProperties red only after some button activity?

// No "#target framemaker" required for this test

Fgr_DebugMenu ();

//Fgr_PalAssignProperties ();

function Fgr_DebugMenu () { //=== Bypassing the FM menu handler to be able to debug ===============

var aMenuItems, listIndex, Fgr_wDebug;

aMenuItems = [

"Fgr_PalAssignProperties()"];   // 0

Fgr_wDebug = new Window("dialog", "Menu broken down to the bare minimum",undefined);

Fgr_wDebug.location= [200,200];

Fgr_wDebug.t1 = Fgr_wDebug.add ("statictext", undefined, "Select by DOUBLE click", {multiline:true});

Fgr_wDebug.l1 = Fgr_wDebug.add ("listbox",undefined,undefined, aMenuItems);

Fgr_wDebug.l1.preferredSize.width = 250;

Fgr_wDebug.l1.preferredSize.height = 50;

Fgr_wDebug.l1.onDoubleClick = function () {

listIndex = Fgr_wDebug.l1.selection.valueOf();

Command (listIndex);

};

Fgr_FillItemList (Fgr_wDebug.l1, aMenuItems);

Fgr_wDebug.show();

} //--- end Fgr_DebugMenu

function Command (cmd) { //=== Assign functions to menu commands ==================================

switch (cmd) {

case 0: 

Fgr_PalAssignProperties();

break;

}

} //--- end Command

function Fgr_PalAssignProperties() {                       // === Cut down to the bare minimum ====

var wPalP = new Window("palette", "FMGraph — Assign Object Properties", undefined);

wPalP.gMsg = wPalP.add('group',undefined);      // --- message area -----------------------------

wPalP.gMsg.st1 = wPalP.gMsg.add('statictext',undefined,"Message area:");

wPalP.gMsg.st1.preferredSize.width ="210";      // position along the buttons

wPalP.gMsg.message = wPalP.gMsg.add('statictext',undefined," ",{multiline: true});  

wPalP.gMsg.message.preferredSize = [480,  30];  // space for about 200 chars of message

wPalP.gMsg.message.graphics.foregroundColor = wPalP.gMsg.message.graphics.newPen (wPalP.gMsg.message.graphics.PenType.SOLID_COLOR, [1, 0, 0], 1);

wPalP.button = wPalP.add ("button", undefined, "Just an alert message");

wPalP.button.onClick                     = function () {

alert ("This all done here");

}

wPalP.gMsg.message.text = "This message should be presented in red. In the real script it will be presented only when at the start of this panel no object is selected.";

wPalP.show();

}

function Fgr_FillItemList (oList, aSource) { //=== Fill dialgoue list =============================

var j, nItems;

nItems = aSource.length;

oList.removeAll ();                             // clear the list

for (j = 0; j < nItems; j++) {                  // rebuild list

oList.add ("item", aSource);

}

} //--- end Fgr_FillItemList

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

As I have found just this morning: there is no such issue when calling the palette via the ordinary menu function.

I use the 'debug-menu' route to be able to set break points and step through the code - which is not possible in ordinary menu mode.

So my initial question just remains as curiosity.

BTW here is the palette when opened via menu Graphics > Graphic library > Assign Properties:

FMgraph_panel_P-initial.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I have found just this morning: there is no such issue when calling the palette via the ordinary menu function.

I use the 'debug-menu' route to be able to set break points and step through the code - which is not possible in ordinary menu mode.

So my initial question just remains as curiosity.

BTW here is the palette when opened via menu Graphics > Graphic library > Assign Properties:

FMgraph_panel_P-initial.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines