• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single document page numbering

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,     Does anyone know if you can format a single FrameMaker document (not in a book) to have preliminary pages with roman numeral page numbers and then switch to normal numbers on the main subject matter.  I know how to do this in a book but want to do it in a single document, I have set up separate master pages for the preliminary pages but do not know how to change the <$pagenum> building block to be roman numerals.  MS Word haters like myself  do not want to have to use Word where you have to create new sections etc. but I do not always want to create a book for shorter documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: no.

What's the issue for not wanting to create a book file? It's easy to do and works without issues. Since you indicate a need to change numbering schemes in parts of the file, it sounds like you've already got logical chunks of information that can be kept in separate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I sort of knew there was no work around but there is no harm in double checking.

There are other issue with using a separate document  like TOC's etc. but because I have created templates for books which use Chapnum.pagenum for page numbering, I was trying to eliminate the need for a small document to have different X Ref formats etc.

Thanks again for your help.  Marked as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines