Highlighted

Site dictionary can not be maintained

Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a utility to maintain the user dictionary and the site dictionary I discoverd a severe problem with the latter:

At the start of FrameMaker the site dictionary is (if old format: converted and) imported to C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\UserDictionaries\FMSiteDictionary\all\added.txt. This replaces the previous content.
The transfer, however, does not take over hyphenation points. This is independent of format (old, new, with/out header). They are set anew and may create very strange results - just an example:

Word in the site dictionary as deined in maker.ini: Gesamt-farb-s\x8at-ti-gung

Word in the 'internal' dictionary file : Ge¦s¦a¦mt¦far¦bsätti¦gung (the ¦ depicts the hyphenation code \x02)

This makes it impossible to maintain the site dictionary.

I have filed this as bug FRMAKER-3201

Pleae vote on the bug reort to give it more impact (last button to the right).

Klaus Daube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Site dictionary can not be maintained

Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a utility to maintain the user dictionary and the site dictionary I discoverd a severe problem with the latter:

At the start of FrameMaker the site dictionary is (if old format: converted and) imported to C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\UserDictionaries\FMSiteDictionary\all\added.txt. This replaces the previous content.
The transfer, however, does not take over hyphenation points. This is independent of format (old, new, with/out header). They are set anew and may create very strange results - just an example:

Word in the site dictionary as deined in maker.ini: Gesamt-farb-s\x8at-ti-gung

Word in the 'internal' dictionary file : Ge¦s¦a¦mt¦far¦bsätti¦gung (the ¦ depicts the hyphenation code \x02)

This makes it impossible to maintain the site dictionary.

I have filed this as bug FRMAKER-3201

Pleae vote on the bug reort to give it more impact (last button to the right).

Klaus Daube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2017 0

Have something to add?