Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Paste Tutorial

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to use Smart Paste to copy and paste a small snippet of XML content to my FrameMaker document. Is there a tutorial or some documentation available on the Smart Paste feature? I can look at the DITA Smart Paste stylesheets, but they are large and hard to decode. A small example that I can adapt to my use would be great. Thank you very much.

Rick

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Smart Paste deduces structure from unstructured material on the clipboard and pastes the result into a structured document. The existing Smart Paste XSLT transforms are complicated because deducing structure from what's in a Word document is complicated.  If you want to copy and paste XML, the material you have is already structured. Why do you want to use Smart Paste?

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a snippet of XML that I want to copy from a text file and have it transformed as I paste it. I was hoping I could do that with Smart Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines