• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes my fonts get changed to Italic in pdf

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example. None of this is italic in the Framemaker document. But when I save to pdf, Every instance of Adobe Garamond Pro Bold gets converted to italic. But it's only the bold - the regular survives intact. In the past it's happened with other fonts. Illumination?

Thanks,

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM? If you use the regular font and tell the character tag definition to bold it, does that survive the transition to PDF? How are you creating the PDF - print to the Adobe PDF "printer" or Save As PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff.

Version: 2017, although I have had the same problem in multiple earlier versions.

Also: it's intermittent. A similar document from the same template worked just fine last fall.

Character tag: I'm not using one. The paragraph tag specifies Adobe Garamond Pro Bold, which is listed separately from Adobe Garamond Pro.

I'm using Save As PDF (it crashes on print to pdf)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first I'd suggest getting the new update for FM2017 installed; then I would look at the font itself - maybe it's got something in it that's wonky - if you try using it in other programs, does it behave the same way when PDFed? Are you running the full version of Acrobat or just the "headless" one that ships with FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat: full version. And it's happened with earlier versions.

Font: it's happened with other fonts, too.

Other programs: not yet.

Update: I'll try it.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the CMYK or RGB option when doing the SaveAsPDF? The CMYK option uses a different header and has issues with some Pro OTF fonts. Use the RGB option unless you specifically need press-ready PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines