• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spelling checker - learning words with upper and lower case

Enthusiast ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for FrameMaker to "Learn" (add) a word to the user dictionary or document dictionary so that the word would be flagged by the spelling checker if it is typed in lowercase, but not if it is typed in uppercase? In other words, the word I'm working with needs to have a capital first letter so I only want the spelling checker to flag it if it is spelled with a lowercase first letter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should be possible in FrameMaker. I tried it through these steps:

• Let's say you have 2 words: Cdobe and cdobe in your document.
  • You right click on the word (you wish to allow here Cdobe)  >> Select "Learn Word" in context menu
  • You would notice Cdobe is accepted as a correct word (as it is in the User Dictionary now) and cdobe is still shown as incorrect with red zig-zag squiggly lines below.

Please see if you are able to achieve the required behavior with this.

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌do you have to quit out of FrameMaker and relaunch before FrameMaker learns the word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines