• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behaviour of ESTK in Windows 10

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past two weeks i switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and am still setting up details and testing things which worked well in W7. FrameMaker 15.0.4.751 is set up with startup scripts (in particular FMgraphic.jsx). ESTK is version 4.0.0.1.

When i run one of the scripts developed in W7 times, I see a very strange behaviour of ESTK - which is reprodeable:

1. Set up ESTK to use FM-15 - it takes longer than in W7 to 'connect'
  2. Run the script with F5
  3. The script has completed the drawing after 6 seconds,
  4. but it has not ended. The hour glass is visible until second 21.
  5. But it is still not possible to start the script again - at least for 10 seconds.
  6. If i want to leave ESTK with the X button, for at least 15 seonds nothing happens, then it closes (or most time it tilts).

See the vidio on my website 

BTW it is not possible to use this URL in the "Insert Video2 function of this forum - it seems that only Youtube stuff is accepted ...

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has abandonned ESTK, so it won't be getting any new updates.

I would recommend using VS Code with the extendscript debugger plugin if you can.

(https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Adobe.extendscript-debug)

VS Code is a much nicer experience for writing scripts in my opinion anyway 🙂

Bear in mind though that if you restart FrameMaker, you'll have to restart VS Code as well or the debugger will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines