Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structure not appear in framemaker2015

Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the framemaker2015. when I open the book.file, it shows the structure like that: NoName, containg several Book- Components, corresponding to several sections of the book. Meanwhile, the red line occurs in the structure. But when I only open the fm.file of the book, it does not show any sturcuture. Can you help me to solve this problem?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?Are you using FM2015 in structured or unstructured mode? Are the source book and .fm docs structured or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The framemaker I used is in the structured mode, and the source book is also structured. The following is a screenshot of my

problem.

QQ图片20160713103731.png

The In the file of framemaker-help.pdf on your website, there is a description in it. I think my problem is just as what is descripted in the file.

B1F3.tm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realize that you're not dealing with Adobe here - we're mostly just fellow users. You'd probably get more feedback to your issue if you checked the Structured FM forum (this one is for Unstructured FM users)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xinyingf83216885,

A book structure tree shows an element for every chapter in the book. If a chapter is unstructured, the element is named BOOK-COMPONENT. So, it appears that your chapters are unstructured. However, note that the book structure tree only refreshes after a book update. If your chapters are structured, a book update should refresh the element names in the book structure.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your book structure tree is typical of a book that is not structured. Your EDD is probably written for documents and does not include instructions for structuring a book. Refer to the Structure Application Developer's Guide for how to add book structure to your EDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines