• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structured FrameMaker 14 default zoom

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I set the default zoom to 90%? Help says that default zoom is determined by monitor resolution which sets the zoom to 140%. Even when I save the dita file at 90% zoom, it reopens at 140%.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Hello John,

Even when I save the dita file at 90% zoom, it reopens at 140%.

What do you mean by "save the dita file" here? Do you mean the working DITA file? If yes, then you are mistaken here. DITA files take settings from template files. They are stored in the below path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\Structure\xml\DITA_1.2\app\technicalContent\template

You have to make changes in the template xml files located here. For example, if you are working on a task (let's call it co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello John,

Even when I save the dita file at 90% zoom, it reopens at 140%.

What do you mean by "save the dita file" here? Do you mean the working DITA file? If yes, then you are mistaken here. DITA files take settings from template files. They are stored in the below path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\Structure\xml\DITA_1.2\app\technicalContent\template

You have to make changes in the template xml files located here. For example, if you are working on a task (let's call it configuring_procedure.xml), close the working file and then open the task.template.fm file from the templates folder. Here, you set the zoom level to 90%, save and close the template file. Now, if you re-open configuring_procedure.xml, the zoom will be at 90%. The same procedure has to be followed to other types of xml files too like concept, reference etc.

Note: To make changes in the template files, you need to have admin access to the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines