• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structured Framemaker crashes on Windows 10 x64

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clean windows 10 x64 (Chinese edition) installed, and i downloaded Framemaker 2015 trial version from the Adobe website.

When I start the application, a window pops up, asking me to select Framemaker, Structured Framemaker or Framemaker XML Author.

If i choose Framemaker, everything seems ok except that i cannot import graphics. It says that the filter goes wrong and the translation cannot be completed.

If I choose the other two, the main window will show, but before the start page (I mean the page where you can see "Recent Items", "Restore Sessions", etc.) shows, an internal error window pops up with the code 13014, 15811732, 15812026, 18936253, saying that Framemaker must quit.

I have tried to run it in compatible mode with Administrator previledge, but have no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Hi Toxomo,

FrameMaker needs .NET 4 for XML code view . It seems that some of the .NET 4 components are not properly installed in your machine.

You can correct this problem either by

1) Applying windows updates

2) Repair .NET installation.

To confirm that this issue is same, please follow below steps:-

1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015

2) Open maker.ini

3) Comment the following entry XML View=plugin,structured,xml view,FMXmlView.dll,PL_SwitchToXmlView

4) Save maker.ini

5) Launch

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you encounter an error with an import filter, then the issue is with the graphic being imported and has nothing to do with the FM mode being used.

What are the specifics of the file that caused the error on import? Did you manualy specify the file type at import (i.e. FM pops up a window asking you to identify the file type) or did FM automatically select the filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the jpg and png files in my computer.

When i select the image to import, nothing pops up but the error window.

Anyway, that does not matter. The point is i cannot launch FM in structured mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toxomo,

FrameMaker needs .NET 4 for XML code view . It seems that some of the .NET 4 components are not properly installed in your machine.

You can correct this problem either by

1) Applying windows updates

2) Repair .NET installation.

To confirm that this issue is same, please follow below steps:-

1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker2015

2) Open maker.ini

3) Comment the following entry XML View=plugin,structured,xml view,FMXmlView.dll,PL_SwitchToXmlView

4) Save maker.ini

5) Launch FrameMaker

Thanks,

Pankaj

FrameMaker Engg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Pankaj aggrawal. it works.

I thought that it could be related to .net framework, as when i was installing FM9 later, it asked me to install .net framework 3.5.

I also planned to download framework 4.0, but i was so lazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines