• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subscript in heading shows up in ToC but not in cross-ref

Advisor ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd seen something about this not so long ago, but haven't had any luck trying to turn up the previous post.

Simple enough question: the heading PKCA–ALX–PROD shows up as PKCA–ALX–PROD in the ToC, but if I try to use a cross-reference to it the result is simplified to PKCA–ALX–PROD

Is there a workaround? unfortunately, the subscripting is significant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

It's a mystery …but for some inscrutable reason or another, the xref that was showing up without subscript has now decided to show up with subscript. All's well that ends well, and two Shakespeare references in the same post :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a mystery …but for some inscrutable reason or another, the xref that was showing up without subscript has now decided to show up with subscript. All's well that ends well, and two Shakespeare references in the same post :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably doing the subscripts with a Character Format. For that to work, that format needs to be in the Character Catalog for both the source and referencing file. If you are doing it with an override, it's apt to be unreliable, although I'd really expect it to not work at all.

See also (you'll shortly discover the hypertext seems broken):

How to keep superscript format when generating a table of contents

The only fix for that would be if Unicode offered natively subscripted Latin alpha letters, which, alas, it does not yet (but it has lately added a gallon of emojis, which we will need in our post-literate future).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Checking the character catalogue is a good idea; I'll do that, though – as I mentioned – FM seems to have caught up with itself anyway.

May not have been the use the committee had in mind, but I find the circled numbers/letters in Unicode very handy for harmonium registration even if I did have to roll my own PostScript for my non-Unicode-aware score-engraving software. I'll stick to rolling my own emoticons as well ;-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines