• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sudden Acrobat failure – Save as .pdf hangs at generation of .tps

Advisor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know my set-up is obsolete to the point of dangerous … it has taken me months to get approval for new licences, and even now they've arrived I've been waiting since April for Central Support to install them. But, ancient software notwithstanding, everything has been working as expected until this afternoon. Starting from an FM 12 (non structured) file with one referenced graphic, I select File > Save as PDF … no "busy" cursor in FM, no Acrobat X Pro springing into life: just a 2,253K .tps file appearing in the file manager. I've got 5.48Gb spare on the networked drive, so I don't think that's the problem.

Update on "suddenly" – another .fm file distilled via Save as at 13:45 without any problems. After checking a few others, all of which failed after generating the .tps, I made a copy of this file and tried Save as again at 15:30. Failed.

Any hints/tips on solving this will be extremely welcome! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing it to the Adobe PDF printer instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder, Jeff – I tried the Print option this morning and everything worked fine … in fact, so did the normal Save as … option. But the network is worryingly slow; you think that could be a factor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe if your source files are located on a network drive or you're trying to create output in a network location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines