• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG files in Mobile App publishing

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file with a bunch of svg files which have been imported into anchored frames. Print looks good. However, when I publish as Mobile App, it seeems the svg's are interpreted differently. The bounding box around the drawing becomes enormous. My thinking is that, this has something to do with the way Adobe Illustrator exports svg's but I am not sure. Does anybody have experience in these matters?

/bjørn

svg1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Found it! I had made the svg files out of pdf files, where I had used Illustrator options for cropping/masking an area.

It seems the svg files "remembers" the original files area before being masked. So while the masked area is being interpreted, the publishing process also "sees" the area around the masked area and interprets that as the image borders. Strange and probably not entirely ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bjørn,

I have not created mobile apps yet. Only HTML5. The SVG files look correctly.

When you open your SVG files in a browser or when you convert to HTML5, how do they look like?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it! I had made the svg files out of pdf files, where I had used Illustrator options for cropping/masking an area.

It seems the svg files "remembers" the original files area before being masked. So while the masked area is being interpreted, the publishing process also "sees" the area around the masked area and interprets that as the image borders. Strange and probably not entirely ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines