• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG graphic dimensions larger than should be

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Framemaker 2019 and running into an issue when I try to import svg files from Solidworks Composer. The svg dimensions are set when exporting from Composer. When importing a svg to an anchored frame in Framemaker, the graphic dimensions are larger than they should be, bigger than the frame. When looking at the object properties, the DPI option show up as "not applicable" as well. Even when overwriting an imported svg file, the new graphic is still larger than the original.

Is this an issue with Framemaker 2019? No issues in Frame 2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported an SVG into FM2019, and it worked as expected (it was from Illustrator 10).

re: When looking at the object properties, the DPI option show up as "not applicable" as well.

That's expected. Vector formats like SVG and vector EPS don't have DPI, because the basic format doesn't have pixels. They only have extents for the overall vector object. Even if they include some raster content, the overall file format probably doesn't expose a DPI.

Until you get it resolved (and it may be a Solidworks-side issue), use Graphics » Scale to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more testing, this issue doesn’t happen 100% of the time. Sometimes the SVG files are coming in with the correct/native dimensions, sometimes they are not (always larger).  We have not been able to put a pattern together yet. 

There haven’t been any recent upgrades/changes made to SolidWorks. So we’re “confident” the issue isn’t on that end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you please mail me a sample svg that you are trying to import at amisingh@adobe.com so I could get this checked. There have been lot of improvements on svg side in FM2019.

Thqnks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had issues with this long ago when using Illustrator to create SVG's. There's a little checkbox you must select to keep the SVG the correct size. I have "Output fewer <tspan> elements" and "Use <textPath> element for Text on Path" selected and that keeps it correct. If they aren't selected, it usually imports as a giant image. Don't know if that helps you or not, but figured I'd throw my 2 cents in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines