• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG import in 2019 not working correctly

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FM 2017, when I imported SVG files, it would give me a text box asking what DPI I wanted it to be. FM19 doesn't give me that box, and the SVG's always come in smaller than I want. If I can make them be 72 dpi when imported they are the exact size I need. I'm writing a manual with several (up to 100) small SVG's that need to be a certain size, and it's very tedious changing them and their anchored frame to the correct size. Is there a way to set this so they always import at the correct size? They import at 95.24% scale, instead of 100% like they should. I can't find any information on it. Having that pop up box back would be very helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you'll need to create an Object Style to do this.

Graphics > Object Style Designer

Select Graphics from the left-hand pane and select the scaling, resolution, and opacity, then give it a name in Object Style and save it. I think you can also set the Run Around properties, but I haven't worked extensively with Object Styles.

You'll then have to apply the Object Style to each graphic. I think you can set the properties for Anchored Frames in the same object style, but if your graphic changes size because of scaling, you'll need to resize the frame separately. I think. That seems to be what my 5 minutes of experimentation indicates; if there's a setting to resize the frame if the graphic changes size, I haven't found it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG is a vector format and doesn't have a resolution. As it doesn't have pixels, a "dpi" (or ppi for that matter) setting makes no sense anyway. The only size related applicable information is x/y dimensions and scale, just like with formats like EPS or PDF.

Apart from that, I believe they're still working on correct sizes on import, there are some problems also when importing into tables, if I recall correctly.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the tables import where scaling was happening, that issue is being looked in update 4 which should be out mid next month or so.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines